10 Tips For Car Hire Malaga Airport Can Offer
More information on hiring a car in Malaga is available from http://www.carmalaga.com and if you want the best possible deal for your Car Hire Malaga Airport can offer, then you will be offered free second driver and other car hire benefits.View all articles by Peter Nisbet
Here are some tips to help make your visit to Malaga as enjoyable as possible and to avoid making any of the mistakes that many others tend to make when driving for the first time in this country.
1. The minimum age for hiring a car in Spain is 21 and you must have held your license for at least one year. If you are under 25 you will likely face a young driver's charge and if you want to hire a more powerful car the age limit may be higher. This is same is true of an extra driver, but some car hire Malaga Airport firms offer that option free of further charge, so check out what the cost is for an extra driver.
2. Make sure you understand Spanish driving laws. It is a criminal offence if you break the speed limit more than 60% so get to know the speed limits. If you are doing 160 Km/Hr on a freeway where the limit is 100, you can be imprisoned for up to 6 months.
3. If you park your car by a yellow-painted kerb you will likely be fined and your car taken away. A blue kerb indicates you need a ticket, so look for a place to pay.
4. Seat belts are mandatory for drivers and passengers, and your children must have suitable seat restraints.
5. Make sure you check the condition of the vehicle before driving from the airport. With car hire Malaga Airport is the same as any other location in Spain: you are responsible for the condition of the car once you drive it away, so make sure you carry out a careful inspection and insist on having any scratches, dents or other damage noted on the hire form.
6. Check the position of the horn, light switches, air conditioning (essential in Spain), wipers, windscreen washers and the indicator and hazard lights. Make sure the lighter or power socket works if you need it or your SatNav might be useless, and point out anything that is not right. Again, you are responsible for these in your hired car in Malaga once you sign the form and drive off.
7. Make sure you fully understand the extent of your insurance, and what you must do in the event of an accident or if the car is stolen. Car hire in Malaga Airport is no different to any other in this respect, and if you fail to report an accident in time, or follow the wrong procedures, your insurance might give you problems. Do you have collision waiver, where you don't have to pay for collision damage caused by you? CDW can be expensive, but is it worth while?
8. Check the fuel situation: you will generally be given a half or full tank, and unless you fill up before returning the car you will have to pay their prices to return the fuel to the same level as when you drove off. But check!
9. Make sure you get unlimited mileage, although that is generally the case for car hire in Spain. Your hire charge should include 24/7 roadside assistance and if you should be offered a choice of paying on booking or on arrival. Another aspect of airport car hire is that when arranging your car hire Malaga Airport taxes should be included in the advertised cost, and not be charged as an extra.
10. Finally, make sure that you know where you are going and have the necessary maps if you don't have a SatNav. Even with GPs, you may find yourself stuck down some lane narrower than your car, so take a good map of the area so you have back-up if needed.
Malaga offers a good choice of firms offering car hire Malaga Airport being one of the main holiday airports in Spain. You should therefore make sure that the firm you choose offers you the best terms. If you need a second driver nominated, then some offer you that free of charge for the other driver, so ask the question.
If you take all of the above into consideration when booking your car hire Malaga Airport should offer a good start to your vacation or business trip, and you will avoid the various traps and pitfalls that many come across who have never previously hired a car in Spain.